Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Here I am!

Well, hello everybody out there in SPL world!

Here I am with my first completion of the "10 things." I feel that this will be very exciting!

What's even cooler is the fact that I am currently taking a class at Dominican University called "library 2.0," and what we're covering is very similar to what we are trying to accomplish with the 10 things of Skokie Public Library. I've covered a few things in the class such as blogging and the RSS. Next is the social networking with different sites such as: flickr.com, del.icio.us.com, and wikpedia.com. Obviously there are a plethora of sites in the information super highway in which I am unfamiliar still, but I believe that experiences such as these can expand one's mind further, thus making them feel GREAT about becoming a computer GENIOUS and knowing all the computer slang that I'm sure once upon a time made us say: "what is THAT word mean???" :-)

What a wonderful opportunity to learn more by actually putting these tools to use!

So, let it be known that I am a student and do not know everything, but am sure looking forward to working with everyone in this journey of technological education! Woo hoo!!!

Let the games begin!


Bob

2 comments:

rich said...

that's so cool that you're taking the library 2.0 class at dominican. i really wish i had that class when i went to school :)

ruth said...

...and Bob is a very good student. We sit together in class (with Marlene in the middle!).