Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Thing 6: Social Bookmarking.

I recently discovered "Social Bookmarking" in my current Library 2.0 class that I'm taking at Dominican.

When I first tried out del.icio.us my thoughts were "complicated, I don't get it! what is this?"
But, I played with it for a while. I totally understand it now and very happy with it because it makes my life a little bit easier. All, my sites come to me! Great idea in my opinion.

Just a side note:
The whole process of becoming familiar with tools such as these has allowed me to come to terms that when one engages themselves in figuring it all out, it can be very confusing to some or many....but give it time and play with it. I still get frustrated with other tools that are presented to me in class, but much to my surprise I end up figuring it all out in the end. Everytime!

My suggestion? Play with the tools even if it takes an hour or longer. Don't have time? No worries! :-) Take a break, come back whenever, try again...it'll still be there for you.

Embrace it! Don't hate it! :-P

1 comment:

rich said...

That's good advice for everyone :)