Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Thing 8: Wikis

Wiki Wiki Wiki!!!!

I first shook hands with this term back in June for my summer class, then completely forgot it's meaning. That all changed when I went to Library 2.0 (my class) and said "Ohhhhh!!! yeah, that's right!"

BUT! when I went on line to look at one site called "WIKIpedia.com" I realized that I STILL didn't know what "wiki"meant.

Thanks to my browsing around on wikipedia, I started discovering that you sign up for it. So, that's what I did...sign up! Browsed some more on it but felt a little confused. It wasn't until I saw the demonstration video on what wikis were.

So, I went back to wikipedia to see if I can understand it better based on what I had seen on the video. It made more sense especially when we started using it with other students in class.

One of the other wiki sites used in the class was "pbwiki" and is still being used by me and my classmates. It's very useful especially in the field that I'm pursuing. I'll be honest, if I wasn't pursuing that field, I don't know if I would be using it. Maybe for leisure.

All depends I guess.

No comments: